Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Downpour of Apps

Hi,
Today I'm putting up my most recent work.  Much like the last post, this is related to McLuhan's writtings.  My piece, done in photoshop, is about how our modern society seems to be so obsessed with the concept of the app. 
The app is everything when a company designs a smartphone nowadays.  The app seems to be an easy way to make a phone do pretty much anything and companies, such as Apple, Android, and Blackberry, only make more and more for us. 
So the figure I drew on the bottom of the image is being crushed by a rain of apps coming down from the 3 big phone manufacturing companies.  I used the pencil and paintbrush tools for the clouds and figure and the distort picture editing tool to angle the apps to look like they were falling. I think it could be better but it's good enough and meets a deadline.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment